Re: failures in pg_restore -- possibly corrupt archive

From: Caleb Access <caleb(dot)access(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: failures in pg_restore -- possibly corrupt archive
Date: 2014-01-02 23:12:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

The pg_dump and pg_restore look to be the same version on both boxes (
9.1.8 ).

The pg_dump looks like this:
pg_dump \
--host=myhost \
--port=5432 \
--username=myusername \
--format=c \
--file=backup_file.dump \
mydb

*Additional notes:*

The pg_dump is running on a box with CentOS 6.4 / PostgreSQL 9.1.8
The pg_restore is then executed on a box with CentOS 5.9 / PostgreSQL
9.1.8

The .dump file is 41 GB

A $yum list | grep libpq yields nothing on the CentOS 6.4 box but gives
this on 5.9
*$ yum list | grep libpq*
libpqxx.i386 2.6.8-13.el5
epel
libpqxx.x86_64 2.6.8-13.el5
epel
libpqxx-devel.i386 2.6.8-13.el5
epel
libpqxx-devel.x86_64 2.6.8-13.el5 epel

We have not tried without the -j but will give it a go.

Please let me know if there are any additional thoughts giving the new info
above.