Re: New to postgreSQL

From: Siva Kandasamy <sivajankan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: tirveni yadav <yadav(dot)tirveni(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ramesh <ramesh4f(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New to postgreSQL
Date: 2017-09-04 16:52:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

Something wrong on making default connection to your server. I would
suggest try to connect default database as postgres user using psql; which
will let you know if there is connection problem. Once you resolved
'default' connection problem, 'createuser' will work fine.

For starters try 'psql -U postgres'.

More info: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/First_steps

All the best!!

Siva