crosstab category mix

From: Majid Khan <mk(dot)swati(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: crosstab category mix
Date: 2017-06-12 07:53:34
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
favorite
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44487568/postgres-cross-tabs-mixes-categories-in-result-set#>

I have a query returning me three columns 'Date', 'District' and 'Total'.
There are four districts but some time a district may not have record for
corresponding date. I want to put all my districts in column and their
total in rows as ..

Date, District1, District2, District3, District4

While in my rows will be date along with the total value per district.

I am using crosstab to get the desired results. But in the result total for
one district is listed in other district though the datewise grand total is
same.

I don't know why crosstab query mixes categories. Please help.
Regards,
Majid