Can't drop logical replication slot

From: Eduardo Gargiulo <egargiulo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can't drop logical replication slot
Date: 2023-09-11 13:55:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

There is a logical replication slot I can't drop. Tried using

select pg_terminate_backend(PID) OK
select pg_drop_replication_slot('slot_name) OK

But the slot_name restarts with other active_pid. There is not subscriber
connected and no errors in database log. We are using PG14.

Any help to drop or even rename replication slot would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Eduardo