logical replication

From: Marc Millas <marc(dot)millas(at)mokadb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: logical replication
Date: 2021-05-21 12:41:31
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

my POC in postgres 12.(important ?)

if I setup 2 postgres clusters, and create a publication in one and a
subscription in the other,
and do on the pub an update which does not change the data (updating an
existing record with same data) then this (useless) update go through
replication.(ie consumes network ressource)

what are ways to avoid this ?
(I thought of a trigger to not execute the useless update, but I dont see
how to do this)
any ideas ?

thanks
PS: remarks about the meaning of this are off topic, thanks

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect
+33607850334
www.mokadb.com