Re: Extract transactions from wals ??

From: Marc Millas <marc(dot)millas(at)mokadb(dot)com>
To: Ganesh Korde <ganeshakorde(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extract transactions from wals ??
Date: 2019-11-22 10:35:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Yes !

We are looking for something providing a functionnality similar to
Oracle's :-)
Through PITR or a tool or extension around wals.
Still, as wals are containing enough info for replication to work,
It should be possible to extract from wals a list of objects that have been
written, and elements about what was written.
OS files written and position should be enough to provide this.

Something ?

thanks,

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect