how to "explain" some ddl

From: Marc Millas <marc(dot)millas(at)mokadb(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: how to "explain" some ddl
Date: 2020-07-14 16:36:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
We would like to understand where an alter table attach partition spend its
time.
to my understanding, explain doesnt do this.

for a BI job we have a partitionned table with 1800+ partitions.
the feeding process of this table leeds to detach and attach partitions.
attaching do take time, something like 12 seconds by partition.
We need to understand where that time is spent (check constraints or check
within the default partition or...)

So, how to ?

thanks,
regards,