analyze partition

From: Marc Millas <marc(dot)millas(at)mokadb(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: analyze partition
Date: 2023-06-29 11:55:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

the documentation, on chapter 5.11.3.3 caveat says that a manual vacuum or
analyze on the root table does it only for that said root table. To my
understanding, the root table when used with declarative partitioning, does
not contain data, so vacuuming or analyzing should be 'fast'.
If I run vacuum analyze ma_table on my big partitioned table (130+
partitions) it does work for quite a long time.

Can someone clarify ?

thanks

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect