Re: Failed backup Job. How to find out why it failed.

From: Dániel Asztalos <daniel(dot)asztalos(at)puppetworks(dot)eu>
To: Rob Musitano <Rob(dot)Musitano(at)ldc(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Failed backup Job. How to find out why it failed.
Date: 2017-03-03 09:34:01
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

you should redirect the output of the pg_dump command to a file to see the
error. Do something like:
%PGBIN%pg_dump -i -h %PGHOST% -U %PGUSER% -F c -b -v -f
"%BACKUPDIR%serverpub-%year%%month%%day%%hh%%nn%.compressed" serverpub* 1>
%LOG_FILE% 2>&1*

--

Dániel Asztalos developer
PUPPETWORKS STUDIOS

E-mail: daniel(dot)asztalos(at)puppetworks(dot)eu
Skype: dani.asztalos
Mobile: +36 30 875 0727
Phone: +36 1 240 3537
Web: www.puppetworks.eu