Re: Update encryption options doc for SCRAM-SHA-256

From: Shay Rojansky <roji(at)roji(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update encryption options doc for SCRAM-SHA-256
Date: 2018-02-03 17:55:59
Lists: pgsql-docs

Thanks for your attention to this.

I'm definitely not a cryptography expert, but it seems to me that the
actual mechanisms (MD5, SHA-256) are more important than the protocols used
to negotiate them (SASL, SCRAM). When some security expert unfamiliar with
PostgreSQL goes over itss documentation to determine whether it's secure, I
think it's important to make sure that the word SHA-256 is actually there.