Compiling for iOS

From: Francisco Tolmasky <tolmasky(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Compiling for iOS
Date: 2014-09-05 23:08:09
Lists: pgsql-novice

So I’ve been trying to get libpq built for iOS for an app I’m writing (if
there’s an iOS postgres distribution I’ve somehow missed please let me
know!).

So far, I’ve succeeded in getting libpq to compile in the various different
instruction sets and combining them with lipo into one fat .a file.
However, I now need the include files to be able to properly use it in an
Xcode project (or anywhere really).

My issue is that since I’m just compiling -C src/interfaces/libpq, I don’t
generate all the necessary include files. Unfortunately doing gnumake -C
src/interfaces/libpq install only installs the libpq-specific include
files, and not the “generic” ones I guess? I can’t just build everything
for iOS to solve this issue since I get errors when trying to compile the
world for iOS. I’m so close, I just need the proper include files, any help
on how to accomplish this?

I’ve put this work so far in this repo if that helps:
https://github.com/tolmasky/postgres-ios

--
Francisco Tolmasky
www.tolmasky.com