Database reset connection

From: Manoj Palhade <reply(dot)manoj(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database reset connection
Date: 2016-11-30 11:18:21
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I have Java class which implements the Database(Postgres) related
functionality.

The problem is if Database stopped and then restart then My this class
throws SQLException as connection got reset(database is up and running).

Is there any way that after Database restarted; my class automatically
Connection to database and work as expected instead of throwing
SQLException.

Is there anyway with Properties as a parameter to
DriverManager.getConnection().

Thanks and Regards,
Manoj Palhade