Excel ODBC query loosing parameter when returning the query result directly to a pivot table.

From: Andreas Beier <anbeier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Excel ODBC query loosing parameter when returning the query result directly to a pivot table.
Date: 2021-09-08 12:34:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi everyone,

I am using postgres odbc for quite a while within within excel using
parameters (i.e. using ?s within the query).

When defining odbc queries in Excel I select "PivotTable Report" instead of
"Table", thus creating a pivot table directly without having the raw data
in an extra sheet.

Once created, I can alter the query and define parameter (s)linking to an
excel cell.

Everything works well until I (save and) reopen the file and try to update:
Than my excel crashs. :(

I did find out, that the parameter definition I defined before is empty
when opening the file. When I do redefine it, everthing works well again
until I (save and) reopen the file and try to update: Than my excel crashs.
:(

So it's very reproduceable.

I am using the 32bit driver, latest version and I am running Excel 2010 and
2016.

Any idea whats wrong here?

Thanks
Andreas