Re: GSoC: New and improved website for pgjdbc (JDBC)

From: Dave Cramer <davecramer(at)postgres(dot)rocks>
To: Joseph Ho <josephho678(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GSoC: New and improved website for pgjdbc (JDBC)
Date: 2022-04-08 13:51:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Joseph

On Thu, 7 Apr 2022 at 17:49, Joseph Ho <josephho678(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am Joseph Ho, a senior at Dr Norman Bethune Collegiate Institute
> interested in going into computer science. I am interested in working to
> create and improve the website for pgjdbc during GSoC 2022.
>
> I am wondering how the draft proposal should be made. Will I need to
> submit a web design of the new and improved website or will I need to
> submit something else? Also, am I able to use a web framework of my choice
> or is there one that you prefer that we use?

You should register on the GSoC site Contributor Registration | Google
Summer of Code <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/register/contributor>

The draft proposal can just be a document at this point which outlines your
ideas

Currently the site is built using Jekyll, and I see no good reason to
change. What I am looking for is to update the version of Jekyll to latest
and make the site cleaner with a new design.

You should be aware that proposals have to be in by the 19th of April

Regards,

Dave