Re: BUG #15152: Java heap size

From: Dave Cramer <davecramer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jaime Soler <jaime(dot)soler(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: aistrong(dot)hs(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15152: Java heap size
Date: 2018-04-23 22:25:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

But to answer your question the reason we need autocommit off is because
PostgreSQL would have to use a WITH HOLD cursor outside of a transaction.
WITH HOLD cursors materialize cursors to disk. There is no technical reason
we don't support them. If you are interested you can supply a PR for us.

Thanks

Dave Cramer