Re: Retrieve the server's time zone

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Retrieve the server's time zone
Date: 2017-11-21 11:29:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

It is in the session startup messages. I'm trying to recall the technical
details as to why. My recollection is that for timestamps without timezone
will be reported in the client timezone.

Do you want the server timezone or postgres timezone. A simple C function
should provide the latter.

Dave Cramer

davec(at)postgresintl(dot)com
www.postgresintl.com