New role, no database

From: Melvin Call <melvincall979(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New role, no database
Date: 2013-05-23 21:01:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I have a question for which I am unable to find an answer in the
documentation, if y'all don't mind, I will ask here and hope for an
answer.

After installing PostgreSQL and logging in as the admin user of
postgres, I have created a new user with the CREATEDB privilege. How
does that user log in for the first time to create a DB? Am I required
to create a default user DB when I create the user, or is there a way
to log in with no default DB?

TIA,
Melvin