Re: Batches of single-insert statements vs batches of multi-insert statements

From: Christopher Deckers <chrriis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Batches of single-insert statements vs batches of multi-insert statements
Date: 2016-06-05 20:39:58
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your answer! It explains well the current situation.

Believe me or not, pgjdbc has already that feature implemented.

Oh good! But it definitely needs more testing and fixing :)
I got: "Batch entry 0 INSERT INTO XXXX".
Next exception: "VALUES lists must all be the same length".

I narrowed down the issue to a simple test case, see attached file.

Funny enough, if I change the name of the table, it seems to work. I used
the convention that we have in our production code.
Note that this test case does not produce any error if I remove the
"reWriteBatchedInserts=true" parameter.

Please let me know if I can be of any help!
-Christopher

Attachment Content-Type Size
MultiInsertTest.java application/octet-stream 2.5 KB