Re: How to redirect output from PostgreSQL pg_recvlogical to a file or a pipe?

From: David Ventimiglia <davidaventimiglia(at)hasura(dot)io>
To: Jim Nasby <jim(dot)nasby(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to redirect output from PostgreSQL pg_recvlogical to a file or a pipe?
Date: 2024-01-16 19:15:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for the reply, Jim. No, I'm afraid that's not the missing piece. I
knew enough to use jq to transform the JSON output into SQL statements.
What I didn't know enough was about jq. No, the missing piece turned out
not to have anything to do with PostgreSQL or pg_recvlogical (I guessed
incorrectly that it might), but rather with jq itself. I didn't realize
that jq buffers its input and it turns out all I had to do was use its
--unbuffered switch. The full chapter-and-verse is described in this Stack
Overflow question and answer
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/75784345/how-to-pipe-pg-recvlogical-to-psql-for-logical-replication>
.

Cheers,