Re: PostgreSQL limitations question

From: Bartosz Dmytrak <bdmytrak(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chris Angelico <rosuav(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL limitations question
Date: 2012-07-15 18:54:53
Lists: pgsql-general

2012/7/13 Chris Angelico <rosuav(at)gmail(dot)com>

> Does that help?
>
> Sure :)
I know what unlimited means, but I suggest to change docs to be more
accurate.
Those "limits" are huge (e.g. number of indexes limited by pg_class table
size), but still exists.

it is like the famous Henry Ford's color choose:
*"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it
is black."*
Number of indexes is unlimited until it is limited by pg_class table size
(regardless free HD space).

Regards,
Bartek