Future of "Apply" button

From: tarmo sepp <tarmosepp(dot)sepp(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Future of "Apply" button
Date: 2014-01-06 07:33:55
Lists: pgadmin-support

Is there any hope to get back "Apply" button at least for functions?
After removal of this button my productivity decreased significantly.
It was very convenient to apply changes and to check result in real
time. Especially when you're programming mostly stored functions and
some of the functions are very long.

I my case there are around 1100 functions and average length is 150
lines. IMHO buggy "Apply" button was much better than no button at
all.

From changelog (http://www.pgadmin.org/development/changelog.php):

2013-05-20 DP 1.18.0

Remove the "Apply" buttons from the function, view package and
external table dialogues. Their use is discouraged, and the code is
fragile, complex and very buggy.