Re: Similarity Search with Wildcards

From: Ken Tanzer <ken(dot)tanzer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ghislain Hachey <ghachey(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Similarity Search with Wildcards
Date: 2013-02-28 08:22:15
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm not sure about the indexing and performance impacts, but I think you
could use SUBSTRING with a regex to pull out the client name, and then
match on that.

SELECT substring('Client Name - Description' FROM '^(.*) [-]');

substring
Client Name

--
AGENCY Software
A data system that puts you in control

Subscribe to the mailing
list<agency-general-request(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net?body=subscribe>
learn more about AGENCY or
follow the discussion.