Re: pg_dump : problem with grant on table columns

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: Brice André <brice(at)famille-andre(dot)be>
Cc: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump : problem with grant on table columns
Date: 2011-11-15 23:27:29
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Nov 15, 2011 9:46 PM, "Brice André" <brice(at)famille-andre(dot)be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I sometimes define some access rights on table columns instead of whole
table. Everything works fine except when I perform a dump.

> When I dump a databse that contains such access rights, the pg_dump
utility generates commands like this one :
> GRANT SELECT("Login") ON TABLE "Clients" TO "AgendaSubscript";
>
> But, when I execute the content of this dump in a fresh database (for
backup and restore stuff), those commands are rejected and thus, my
restored database has not the proper access rights.

Please specify the version of Pg you are dumping from and the version you
are restoring to.

At a guess you are restoring to a version from before column grants were
added.

Please also give the full, exact text of any error message you get. See the
guide to reporting problems on the wiki.