Re: pgsql: Restrict accesses to non-system views and foreign tables during

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Restrict accesses to non-system views and foreign tables during
Date: 2024-08-29 16:04:48
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Thu, Aug 29, 2024 at 7:29 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org> wrote:

> On 27.08.24 22:02, Masahiko Sawada wrote:

> >> I'd vote against that. I think other catalog-scanning tools might
> >> like to use this too.
> >>

> > I've attached the patch to improve the descriptions while leaving this part.
>
> Thanks, I find this clearer.

Thank you for checking. I'm going to push it for all branches unless
there are other comments.

BTW I'd like to revisit to improve the error message for the new GUC
parameter. I've drafted the patch.We have the check in three places
and the check in GetFdwRoutine() covers the TRUNCATE command case. The
patch adds the check to ExecuteTruncateGuts() and adds the relation
name to the all log messages for that check. I'm slightly concerned
about having the check in more places, so get feedback.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada

Attachment Content-Type Size
improve_error_message.patch application/x-patch 3.3 KB