pg_receivexlog always handles -d option argument as connstr

From: Sawada Masahiko <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_receivexlog always handles -d option argument as connstr
Date: 2014-10-06 16:53:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

pg_receivexlog always handles argument of -d option as connstr formatted value.
We can doubly specify host name, port number.
The other client tools handles -d option as connstr value only if
argument has "=" character.
The document says that pg_receivexlog ignores database name, and this
option is called for consistency with other client applications.
But if we specify database name like other client tool '-d hoge' ,
then we will definitely got error.
I think that pg_receivexlog should be changed to get consistency with
other client tools.

Thought?

Regards,

-------