Re: Is partition pruning impacted by data type

From: sud <suds1434(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Lok P <loknath(dot)73(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is partition pruning impacted by data type
Date: 2024-03-05 19:29:41
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Thank you.

Yes, I tried creating a table manually with column timestamptz(6) type and
partitioned on that and then executed select query with the filter on that
column and I do see partition pruning happening. Not able to visualize any
other issues though, however some teammates say it may have a negative
impact on aggregation type queries , not sure how but will try to test it.
Thanks again for the response.