Re: Long running query causing XID limit breach

From: sud <suds1434(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Long running query causing XID limit breach
Date: 2024-05-23 12:45:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, May 23, 2024 at 1:45 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
wrote:

> If a long running query on the standby influences the primary, that means
> that
> you have "hot_standby_feedback" set to "on". Set it to "off".
>

> Will the setting up of "hot_standby_feedback" value to OFF will cause the
reader instance to give incorrect query results or unexpected query failure
which will be potential inconsistency between the writer and reader
instance, as because those XID's can be removed/cleaned by the writer node
even if its being read by the reader instance query. And it can have more
replication lag. So I'm wondering , if this setup is advisable one?