Dropping column from big table

From: sud <suds1434(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Dropping column from big table
Date: 2024-07-10 20:13:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,
It's postgres database version 15.4. We have a table which is daily and is
approx. ~2TB in size having a total ~90 partitions. We have a requirement
to drop columns and add new columns to this table.

I Want to understand, If this can be done online? what is the fastest way
to drop/add columns from such a big table and what will be the consequence
of this in regards to vacuum, post this activity? Or if any other issues we
may face post this?

Regards
Sud