Re: When should I start and setup a slave replication?

From: Tomer Praizler <tomer(dot)praizler(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: When should I start and setup a slave replication?
Date: 2018-02-07 14:47:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks!
- So I see both CPU and I/O load.
- I have found many problematic queries and optimized them, but there are
some which cannot be optimized anymore.
- I have added all indexes needed to make my queries faster.
- I am trying to "squeeze the lemon" more before I use the help of an
advisor, this is why I asked about those interesting metrics.

I use postgres 10.1. Should I try and play with the workers configuration
to optimize for example aggregations queries?

I am trying to understand when should I use a hot standby configuration
assuming all (most) of my queries are optimized.

Any other ideas?