odbc for unix

From: Lizeth Solís <lizethsolis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: odbc for unix
Date: 2014-07-15 15:58:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Good morning. Please If you could answer this question. I would be so
gratefull.

I want to use heterogeneous service from Oracle to integrate Oracle –
Postgres.

And to use this, I need and ODBC driver installed in my unix server (AIX
7.1).

I downloaded this one psqlodbc-09.03.0300.tar.gz from your web page,
from the route SRC.

And i’m applying this document:

*Compiling psqlODBC on Unix*

Following psqlODBC's move away from the main PostgreSQL source tree, Peter
Eisentraut was kind enough provide a build environment for us which is now
included in psqlODBC tarballs.

*Installation*

To install, just try something like:

% tar -zxvf psqlodbc-xx.xx.xxxx.tar.gz

% cd psqlodbc-xx.xx.xxxx

% ./configure

% make

% make install

But I get this error post apply ./configure

ZEUS:/opt/odbc/psqlodbc-09.03.0300>#./configure

checking for a BSD-compatible install... config/install-sh -c

checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... config/install-sh -c -d

checking for gawk... no

checking for mawk... no

checking for nawk... nawk

checking for gcc... no

checking for cc... no

checking for cl.exe... no

configure: error: in `/opt/odbc/psqlodbc-09.03.0300':

configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

See `config.log' for more details

My server is UNIX – AIX 7.1 and Im executing this one like ROOT.

Please could you help me with this? Thanks a lot!!!