Re: Smaller multiple tables or one large table?

From: Benedict Holland <benedict(dot)m(dot)holland(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>
Cc: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Smaller multiple tables or one large table?
Date: 2012-06-19 17:04:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I am curious if there is a significant speed up with doing this if most of
the queries run against it are going to be table wide. I won't drop the
data and the data won't really grow. Do I get better speedup with one large
table and large indexes or many small tables with many small indexes?

Thanks,
~Ben