SQL Error [0A000]: ERROR: nondeterministic collations are not supported for LIKE

From: Jeff Lanzarotta <jeff(dot)lanzarotta(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SQL Error [0A000]: ERROR: nondeterministic collations are not supported for LIKE
Date: 2019-10-22 21:03:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I have a question about nondeterministic collations. I have created a new
collation that is nondeterministic and created several columns which use
this collation. Querying these columns works great until I use LIKE. When
I do, I get the following error:

SQL Error [0A000]: ERROR: nondeterministic collations are not supported for
LIKE

Is there any plan to allow this functionality?

Thanks,