Re: Application Level Encryption

From: Michel Pelletier <pelletier(dot)michel(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Zahir Lalani <ZahirLalani(at)oliver(dot)agency>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Application Level Encryption
Date: 2020-07-05 15:59:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Zahir,

pgsodium is a new-ish encyption extension built around the libsodium
encryption API.

https://github.com/michelp/pgsodium

It supports calling a script to load a hidden key in memory and use that
key to derive other keys. There's an example shown in the documentation.
I'm working on support for the Zymkey hardware security module, as well as
support for the AWS key management API.

-Michel