Re: Pg analog to DBCC CCHECKDB?

From: Michel Pelletier <pelletier(dot)michel(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pg analog to DBCC CCHECKDB?
Date: 2019-04-05 15:55:05
Lists: pgsql-general

There is amcheck:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/amcheck.html

"When the heapallindexed argument to verification functions is true, an
additional phase of verification is performed against the table associated
with the target index relation. This consists of a “dummy” CREATE INDEX
operation, which checks for the presence of all hypothetical new index
tuples against a temporary, in-memory summarizing structure (this is built
when needed during the basic first phase of verification). The summarizing
structure “fingerprints” every tuple found within the target index. The
high level principle behind heapallindexed verification is that a new index
that is equivalent to the existing, target index must only have entries
that can be found in the existing structure."

I haven't used this tool but it looks promising:

https://github.com/tvondra/pg_check