Startup process in slave

From: Raj kumar <rajkumar820999(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Startup process in slave
Date: 2020-04-25 13:12:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I could see that there is zero replication lag between master and slave.
But, slave has startup process always recovering along with wal receiver
streaming.

I thought after startup process stops recovering, then only wal receiver
will start receiving files from wal sender. Then startup process will be
stopped.

In pg 9.6, I have always seen, only walreceiver running. But currently, in
Pg11, I see startup process in addition. May be it's not version specific.
I'm just adding more information.

Can you please clarify why startup process is running even after
walreceiver came up?

Thanks
Raj

Attachment Content-Type Size