Re: Wal keep segment

From: Raj kumar <rajkumar820999(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Don Seiler <don(at)seiler(dot)us>
Cc: John Scalia <jayknowsunix(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wal keep segment
Date: 2020-04-26 12:21:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Don,

I am using wal_keep_segments for streaming replication and not replication
slots.
max_replication_slots is provided as 10 inside postgresql.conf, but no
replication slots are actually used, as you can see them from the below
queries.

*wal_keep_segments = 256 # in logfile segments; 0 disables*
*max_replication_slots = 10 # max number of replication slots*

edb=# select * from pg_replication_slots ;
slot_name | plugin | slot_type | datoid | database | temporary | active |
active_pid | xmin | catalog_xmin | restart_l
sn | confirmed_flush_lsn
-----------+--------+-----------+--------+----------+-----------+--------+------------+------+--------------+----------
---+---------------------
(0 rows)

edb=#

edb=# select * from pg_stat_replication ;
-[ RECORD 1 ]----+---------------------------------
pid | 19445
backend_xmin |
state | streaming