Postgres service is not running

From: Jose Herrera <josehr1108(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres service is not running
Date: 2017-12-13 18:31:20
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Hello, i have a problem with my PostgreSQL installation, i cannot make the
service get running

The postgres service status its the following:
postgresql.service - PostgreSQL RDBMS
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service; enabled; vendor
prese
Active: active (exited) since vie 2017-12-08 13:09:05 CST; 1h 43min ago
Process: 813 ExecStart=/bin/true (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 813 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
CGroup: /system.slice/postgresql.service

As you can see the service its active(exited), not running, and the PID its
not present on the list of processes when i run *ps -A*.
I have tried with apt repository installations of Postgresql versions 9.5,
9.6, 10 and with EnterpriseDB installer and still got this error.
I have read that it has to be a postgres fault with the systemd integration
of the OS, but i have tried many solutions and nothing seems to work.