9.2 Observer node for streaming replication

From: Jorge Torralba <jorge(dot)torralba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 9.2 Observer node for streaming replication
Date: 2013-07-15 15:55:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have a master and a slave running streaming replication between the two
servers. I would like to setup some kind of third machine to play the role
of observer node to monitor the replication and do the automatic fail over.
However, I can't find any documentation or suggestions on such an
implementation. Is it possible to do with 9.2.4 or will I need to rely on
some sort of F5 load balancer to handle the auto failover?

--
Thanks,

Jorge Torralba