pglogical shared_preload_library Loading issue in EDB PPAS - PostgreSQL

From: "Sujith Kumar(dot)S" <sujiplr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pglogical shared_preload_library Loading issue in EDB PPAS - PostgreSQL
Date: 2020-07-12 17:59:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Community Team,

We are trying to migrate our databases from EDB PPAS to Open Source
PostgreSQL. As part of that, we thought of using pglogical for moving the
data from EDB PPAS version to Open source version PostgreSQL 12 .

But when I'm trying to load the pglogical extension in
shared_preload_library, getting the below error. Can you please help me in
Identifying the issue behind this error to set up the pglogical for my
requirement.

ERROR: could not load library "/app/PostgresPlus/9.5AS/lib/pglogical.so":
/app/PostgresPlus/9.5AS/lib/pglogical.so: undefined symbol: LookupFuncName

PostgreSQl version : EnterpriseDB 9.5.22.28 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu,
compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-55), 64-bit

pglogical version : 2.2.0

Is it because of the additional interfacing done by EDB on their version of
PostgreSQL ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regard,

Sujith