Re: query based on row number for psql8.3

From: Michael Moore <michaeljmoore(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Tahmosh <stahmosh(at)shieldsrx(dot)com>
Cc: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: query based on row number for psql8.3
Date: 2016-03-23 20:34:48
Lists: pgsql-sql

It was hinted at in previous responses, but if you do:

Select * from t1;
and then again
select * from t1;

You have no guarantee that the results will be in the same order. So, even
if your query DID work, it would be meaningless because you should*
consider* the records to come in a random order. Never assume the order,
always specify it if it is important.
Mike