Using TEMP ON COMMIT DROP, but need logging too.

From: Michael Moore <michaeljmoore(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: postgres list <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Using TEMP ON COMMIT DROP, but need logging too.
Date: 2016-10-13 21:24:19
Lists: pgsql-sql

I've written a function that uses several temporary tables with the ON
COMMIT DROP option. This function does no updates to the database. Now I
would like to put in some logging. In otherwords:

insert into my_logging_table values (...);
commit;

Obviously I can't do the commit without dropping my temp tables.

What is a good way to implement my intended functionality?

Thanks, Mike