Enabling Full Encryption For PostgreSQL

From: Mingyu Li <lmy2010lmy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Enabling Full Encryption For PostgreSQL
Date: 2023-09-13 06:26:18
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi folks,

How can a DBA manage a database containing sensitive data without risking
data leakage?

Our team has developed an extension for PostgreSQL, HEDB (
github.com/SJTU-IPADS/HEDB) which enables SQL computation over encrypted
data. We've tested it using Postgres 14.9 on Ubuntu and it can execute
TPC-H queries successfully.

While I know that this extension has room for improvement, I am eager to
learn how to contribute our code to the community.

--
With appreciation,
Maxul