what do you do after pg_walreset ?

From: Johnathan Tiamoh <johnathantiamoh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: what do you do after pg_walreset ?
Date: 2023-12-21 23:53:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Please I wish to find out what you do after running pg_walreset.

I made a mistake and deleted my data directory with all its content. I then
restore with 1 day old backups, after that i could start unless i did
pg_walreset.

1, I wish to find out what to do after i have started postgresql ?

2, How do I apply the wall files after the reset ?

3, How can I determine the amount of data lost ?