Re: Safest pgupgrade jump distance

From: Johnathan Tiamoh <johnathantiamoh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dávid Suchan <david(dot)suchan(dot)ds(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Safest pgupgrade jump distance
Date: 2024-02-12 13:31:02
Lists: pgsql-general

I have upgraded from 9.5 to 14 using the -link option. It works fine.

I equally had streaming replication running on it.
I break(split brain) replication and upgrade the standby, once it done and
everything is running smoothly, I then install version 14 to the old
primary and just configure streaming on it and all now runs on 14.