postgres 9.0.2 replicated database is crashing

From: akp geek <akpgeek(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres 9.0.2 replicated database is crashing
Date: 2013-03-09 14:51:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all -

I am in desperate need of your help. The replication/streaming
stopped working on March5th. I followed the following procedure to restart
the streaming. After running it for couple of hours , the database is
crashing on the slave. This is on our production server. Thanks for your
help.

Steps that I followed

1. SELECT pg_start_backup('label', true);
2. I created tar of data.
3. un tar the data on the slave.
4. deleted the pid file on the slave
5. created recovery.conf
5. SELECT pg_stop_backup(); on the primary
6. started the postgres on slave
7. After 2 hours, the slave server crashes

Please help.

Regards