Inconsistencies between pg_settings and postgresql.conf

From: Adrian Escoms <adescoms(at)ongres(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Inconsistencies between pg_settings and postgresql.conf
Date: 2017-09-13 09:51:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

We are working with postgresql.conf configuration file and we have found
some discrepancies between it and pg_settings in terms of categories and
subcategories (we have split the field category in pg_settings by '/', the
first part being 'category', the second 'subcategory')
We suggest to change the postgresql.conf.sample file with the attached diff
to resolve these inconsistencies.
We think that these changes could also be backported to previous versions.

Looking forward to your comments,

Adrián Escoms

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql.conf.sample.diff text/plain 2.9 KB