Greenplum warning message

From: Per Wigren <per(dot)wigren(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Greenplum warning message
Date: 2015-11-26 23:01:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

When connecting to Greenplum with pgAdmin v1.20.0 on OSX, it always pops up
a warning dialog saying:

"Warning: The server you are connecting to is not a version that is
supported by this release of pgAdmin III. pgAdmin III may not function as
expected. Supported server versions are 8.4 to 9.4."

However, everything I've tried seems to work as expected. Also, the
introduction section on the front page of pgadmin.org says that Greenplum
is supported by pgAdmin III. It even has special support for some of its
unique features.

Is there a way to get rid of this message? We have preliminary plans to
deploy a Greenplum cluster for 200+ users during next year, most of which
are using pgAdmin III with PostgreSQL 9.4 today and will continue to do so
with Greenplum. Is there something we can do to turn off that warning
message, server side or client side?

BTW, Greenplum is Open Source nowadays. It is very easy to compile if you
want to test it: http://greenplum.org

Regards, Per