Anyway to tell jdbc to use server timezone?

From: George Woodring <george(dot)woodring(at)iglass(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Anyway to tell jdbc to use server timezone?
Date: 2014-11-12 18:48:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I originally asked a question about adjusting timezone per db back

1B1B254441DB31448BD34C5BD73B0B8B2904B1(at)PHOENIX(dot)istructure(dot)com
<http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1B1B254441DB31448BD34C5BD73B0B8B2904B1@PHOENIX.istructure.com>

And it was suggested that I set them per db, which I have. But now moving
9.3 of the jdbc driver, it seems to set the timezone to the web server's
timezone.

I have found mentions

CAAXGW-y==FOGGB7jVWhDsaugXV20qeXUcgZSiteQ7jfMXOKi-A(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com
<http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAAXGW-y==FOGGB7jVWhDsaugXV20qeXUcgZSiteQ7jfMXOKi-A@mail.gmail.com>

and

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18447995/postgresql-9-2-jdbc-driver-uses-client-time-zone

My question here is is there a way to disable it and get the older
functionality? Is there a command I could run after I get the connection
to say "set timezone = 'server default'"?

Thanks
George Woodring
iGLASS Networks
www.iglass.net