Re: export to parquet

From: George Woodring <george(dot)woodring(at)iglass(dot)net>
To: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: export to parquet
Date: 2020-08-26 19:39:10
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't know how many hoops you want to jump through, we use AWS and Athena
to create them.

- Export table as JSON
- Put on AWS S3
- Create JSON table in Athena
- Use the JSON table to create a parquet table

The parquet files will be in S3 as well after the parquet table is
created. If you are interested I can share the AWS CLI commands we use.

George Woodring
iGLASS Networks
www.iglass.net