unbale to use pg_ctl in Windows Cmd.

From: mark armon <1994hejian(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: unbale to use pg_ctl in Windows Cmd.
Date: 2020-12-05 17:02:38
Lists: pgsql-admin

pg_ctl status
pg_ctl: no database directory specified and environment variable PGDATA unset
Try "pg_ctl --help" for more information.

C:\Users\Think>pg_ctl --help
pg_ctl is a utility to initialize, start, stop, or control a PostgreSQL server.

I don't know where the pg_data directory. So I set the
*C:\Users\Think\Desktop\postgres\data* as *user variable* and *system
variable* In windows setting. But still not working. In the *bin* directory,
there is *pg_ctl.exe* file.